Sunday, August 29, 2010

Photo Story reflection

Why is creating a video about yourself so difficult? When I began this assignment I contacted my coach and she suggested I do a video on my partner. I thought that would be a challenge but sometimes you can truly learn about your team memebers when you have to do something a little out of the box. But, during a web conference with Dr. Abernathy, she specifically said we had to do the video about ourselves.

I created five different versions of my story. I did not want to make a video too personal or too professional. What a delima. So, I decided to go with a little of both. Since I am an individual who is completely different in my professional life than I am for my personal life, I let that begin my focus and then stear the video towards my professional life.

Creating the video in Photo Story was the easy part since I have been working with this software for more than five years. I was glad it was something in which I was familiar since this was the first week back at my school with the children and back at school with Lamar.

Even though I was familiar with the software, I kept redoing my story. I kept to the storyboard and the script even though both got updated several times, also,

All in all, it was a great experience to create a story about myself. It was an experience I would not have taken time to do without this course. Having read the Storytelling Cookbook and watched several videos from teh storytelling web site, I was able to gear my video in a way that made feel proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment