Saturday, September 25, 2010

PSA Post-Production Group Review

Once our group for the EDLD 5363 was finalized, our PSA collaboration went rather smoothly. We each took at least two jobs and dove into the PSA. Never once did any member fall short of the expectations. Stacey Thompson and I met via Toxbox to go over pre-production. Patty Odom could not make our web conference due to having to work late. Stacey and I were able to analyze our preliminaries. We then all three discussed via email our expectations. On the wiki I created, we were able to easily update sections and create script, shot lists, and narration. When Patty finished the script while being the director, I was then able to create the shot list. After all the shots were recorded using my family as the talent, I converted the shots to compressed .wmv files since she was using MovieMaker. I then uploaded onto Adrive (an online storage site) and gave Stacey the username and password I created for this assignment. Since I compressed the files, Stacey was able to download the files with ease. Once Stacey finished editing the movie and adding narration, my husband lent his voice for the eighteen seconds of narration. I created a Creative Commons license and shared with the team. We went with a license that states, “Chatting with Kids About Being Online by Leanne Knight, Patty Odom, and Stacey Thompson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommerical-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.” Stacey edited the video with the appropriate license. I posted the video onto YouTube.

During this entire process, the group kept up with editing the wiki and Patty updated our email discussions to the wiki. All in all, I could not have asked for a better team. We seemed to all be driven individuals who appreciated each other’s strengths. We also accepted any and all suggestions. I was pleasantly surprised with the professionalism exhibited by my group.

No comments:

Post a Comment