Saturday, November 27, 2010

Action Research week 2

My site supervisor left on a cruise for the Thanksgiving holiday on Sunday and will not return until this coming Sunday when this assignment is due. In an attempt to resolve the issues I needed for my action research, I consulted with several of my colleagues. I am lucky to be a campus instructional technologist (CIT) and have many colleagues who are Technology Leaders in their own schools. I contacted by phone two of my fellow district CITs who have masters in technology leadership to discuss my action research topics. On Monday I contacted Mindy Woods and on Tuesday I contacted Leslie Kennemer. I was very pleased with my discussion with these educators because it allotted us time to discuss issues we are often too busy to discuss. Our district implements programs per school decisions not at a district level. Mindy was helpful in discussing the one-to-one initiatives’ needs. Leslie was extremely helpful in ensuring the question was specific enough to actually narrow down for a short term research and not one that will require work in and information gathering in every subject area.
Since my school is looking into a one-to-one laptop initiative in the third and fourth grade classrooms, we discussed ways of utilizing that area of need as the main action research area. I decided on using “How can the utilization of a one to one laptop environment help improve Language Arts in third and fourth grade classrooms?” as my action research question.

No comments:

Post a Comment