Thursday, October 6, 2011

EDLD 5370 Week 1 Web Conference

 After beginning my internship class I was completely apprehensive. I had taken a break between my first two classes and the continuation of my degree due to the birth of my third child. Once I started back, many changes had occurred to the program without my knowledge. Once the first assignment was issued, I had a hard time  understanding exactly what we were to write. The first conference was scheduled for the evening Tuesday, October 4, which was also the night of my bible study. I hated missing my spiritual formation process. Since the following web-conferences for week one were not occurring until the weekend when the assignment was due, I knew I could not wait to find out the information I needed for the assignment. The web conference really put me at ease. We found out from Dr. Abernathy that we are “proving” to TEA that we have learned each of our standards. That makes complete sense to me. I also appreciated finding out that we will be given the opportunity to correct problems that our IA finds. During the web conference we were told to write the comprehensive exam paper with references. After the reference page we will need to have an appendix with our Curriculum Vitae. I am so glad I made sure to update my curriculum vitae.  Dr. Abernathy expressed that each week will be added to the previous week’s work and by week five we will have out comprehensive exam completed.  I am not sure though how I plan to change my wiki e-portfolio. I worked so hard on creating and updating my wiki that the thought of having to create a new one is rather exhausting. I am truly hoping that the wiki I created for my degree will be proficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment