Monday, September 19, 2011

Internship Reflections: TF 111.D



Manage student learning activities in a technology-enhanced environment.
Use proper classroom management strategies while teaching lessons in the computer lab.

Mrs. Weig wanted assistance with a Web 2.0 skill. I found that the lesson she was working on, poetry,  would work well with Glogster. Since she had not utilized it before, I helped her create her student accounts. I decided that it would be better to assign student accounts instead of allowing Glogster to assign the second graders accounts with nonsensical usernames and passwords. I decided to use the students school usernames and passwords for Glogster Education. The students were to bring a poem they created when they came to the lab. On Apirl 15 in the lab, I instructed the students to log into Novell and then type in the Glogster.edu URL. Once they were able to go to the site, I showed them briefly how to log in. Once the students logged in, I had them come to the carpet by the Promethean board for a Glogster tutorial. I wanted them to be close and have the ability to see the tutorial better than from their seats. I asked the students to sit “criss cross applesauce, with hands in their laps.” I showed the students a quick Glogster tutorial I had downloaded previously so we would not have to sit through any buffering. I called on students to “show” everyone on the Promethean Board specific things they had learned in the instructional Glogster video. We created a quick and easy preliminary Glog. I sent the students back to their seats to begin their own Glog. From the previous tutorial they knew which steps to do first. As students started asking questions, I told the class to always ask the people sitting to their left and then to their right whenever they had a question. If neither those two students had the answer, then they could ask the teacher for help. This simple step helped to alleviate the teacher being torn in many different directions. By the time their forty-five minute lab time was completed, many of the students were close to finishing their Glogs. They completed their Glogs in class during their classroom computer time.

No comments:

Post a Comment