Monday, September 19, 2011

Internship Reflections: TF 1.B

 
Demonstrate continual growth in technology knowledge and skills to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies.

Go to ISTE in Philadelphia to learn and share innovative technology.

During the summer of 2011, I attended the International Society for Technology in Education conference in Philadelphia. I often appreciate technology conferences. Alan November’s Building Leadership Communities (BLC) in Boston is my favorite but this year I chose to participate in ISTE’s yearly conference. I flew to Philly on Sunday,  June 26 with a fellow Technologist, Leslie Kennemer.  I attended many sessions. The first few days the sessions were not up to our standards but Tuesday and Wednesday were excellent.  I took detailed notes on sessions using a Google doc so I could easily recall information shared and also share with my colleagues. The Doc is located at: http://goo.gl/1zcAj . We returned to Dallas the evening of July 29, 2011.

At our summer Technology Academy held in Highland Park, I presented “The Award for the Best Web Tools Goes To….” Using the Google presentation tool to create my slide show found at http://goo.gl/dxhXX.  I also presented Web 2.0 Tools for Writers during the district Technology Academy using the presentation at http://goo.gl/TRSWj .

I enjoyed presenting the Web Tools to the district on July 26 and July 28, 2011. The teachers at the presentation were very appreciative of the information shown. I tried to have sites that would benefit my audience of elementary teachers. I allowed the teachers to have time at the end to get familiar with the sites they found most interesting and valuable for the grade they taught.

No comments:

Post a Comment