Monday, September 19, 2011

Internship Reflections: TF 11.C


Identify and locate technology resources and evaluate them for accuracy and suitability.

Locate Web 2.0 resources appropriate for elementary.

Throughout the school year I have helped the school work towards the utilization of Web 2.0 sites that benefit elementary aged children. I have a Diigo site strictly for Web 2.0 favorites and have emailed teachers throughout the year when new sites have been discovered. During our once a month after school training sessions I have coordinated many Web 2.0 sessions such as: Facebook for Communication in Education; Primary Innovation (Web 2.0 for kindergarten through second grade), Tweet: Using Twitter in Education, Glogster and Audioboo.

While at the ISTE conference in Philadelphia during the summer of 2011, I attended many Web 2.0 sessions. I found many valuable tools for teachers to utilize with their students.  At our summer Technology Academy held in Highland Park, I presented “The Award for the Best Web Tools Goes To….” Using the Google presentation tool to create my slide show found at http://goo.gl/dxhXX.  I also presented Web 2.0 Tools for Writers during the district Technology Academy using the presentation at http://goo.gl/TRSWj .

No comments:

Post a Comment