Monday, September 19, 2011

Internship Reflections: TF 11.D



Plan for the management of technology resources within the context of learning activities.


Show teachers how to use web conferencing resources.

One of the Kindergarten classes wanted to connect with a classroom in Boston. I helped the teacher load all appropriate software and create a Skype account. Each teacher shared their Skype account name via email. On the set day (March 20, 2011) I stayed with the teacher since this was her first time to connect “globally” with the aid of a web camera. I also brought a “Snowball Mic” to ensure the students would be heard. The teacher I was working with hooked up her web cam, logged into Skype, tested hardware, and then connected with the other teacher once she signed onto Skype.  I helped the teacher implement the web conferencing tools and some important classroom management strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment