Monday, September 19, 2011

Internship reflections: TF V.D



Use technology to communicate and collaborate with peers, parents, and the larger community in order to nurture student learning.
 
 
Maintain campus web page.


Since I began working at University Park, I have been the web master. I update the page before school starts with new information, create new teachers pages, delete old pages, and basic file management. I add announcements throughout the year. Every Thursday I upload and link, what our school terms, “Thursday Folder” handouts to the specified web page. I help train teachers on creating their web pages. I also update my school webpage regularly.
At the beginning of the 2011-12 school year we encountered some major problems with our school website. I had to visit every teacher’s website and update their links. Many of the teachers’ webpages had to be renamed and their links again updated. The problems continued occurring but I was finally able to get the school’s website working correctly.
I also utilize a section of the campus website for specific information for the teachers on my campus. When our district went to using Outlook, I posted many informative videos to help the teachers with this change.

No comments:

Post a Comment